Friday, February 20, 2009

Alexis & Addison's latest update....

Yep, we have decided on names for our girls. Addison Grace & Alexis Faith. We knew Addison was our girls name from the beginning but we finally decided/agreed on Alexis yesterday while waiting in the doctors office.

Our appointment went well. No new pictures to post (insert sad face here). Our OB just basically wanted to check my cervix and make sure that everything is still going well. Due to some family history (all my sisters hate this hereditary stuff!!!), the doctor is following me pretty closely to make sure my cervix can withstand both babies (too much information, I know).

He did a real quick ultrasound to make sure that both babies are still there, that their heartbeats are strong, and that they are continuing to grow. According to my weight gain, they are growing like wild flowers!!! I'm up 10.5 pounds since my appointment last month. Bringing total weight gain to about 17 pounds. Dr. Cleary said that I should gain about 2-3 pounds a week, from here on out. YIKES!!!

My only major freak out so far has been this annoying as hell, vericous vein in my right leg. Which until yesterday, I was convinced was a major blood clot that was going to make me lose my leg. Yes, I am well aware of the fact that this makes me sound like a major drama queen but if you could have seen my leg, you would have been scared too!! Again, thanks to the Flanigan hereditary genes, I'm battling a ginormous vericous vein in my right leg. It runs about 3 inches down my leg and is about 1/4 of an inch wide. SUPER GROSS!!!! Some days it's black and some days it's purple. The doc convinced me that this is nothing to be concerned about. He said that if the vein becomes red, swollen and hot to the touch then I need to go to the ER immediately. He said that I would much rather have swollen veins in my leg as opposed to other areas of my body. He basically was referring to hemmeroids. (AGAIN WITH THE TMI!!!) So, I have to agree with him there!

Oh, and we did finally finish our baby registry at Babies 'r' Us yesterday afternooon, thanks to a ton of help from my mother in law. I feel very fortunate that both of Terry's siblings have had girls. They have been giving us all of their clothes and Terry's sister, Gretchen has twin girls as well. She has given us a TON of baby stuff!!! We never will fully be able to show them our gratitude for helping us out, but it's nice to know that clothing is one expense we never will have to worry about. I also appreciate all the advice as to what items are garbage and what items to pay just a little extra for to get better quality.

Other than that, not much else new to report. The nursery process is still at a hault. But hopefully, we will be able to recruit some help this weekend to move furniture.

New dates to remember:
Specialty Ultrasound Tuesday, March 3rd @ 2:30 EST
OB appointment Wednesday, March 18th @ 11:00 EST

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Beautiful name choices! Glad to hear the girls are doing good!!

Unknown said...

Ok...I was finally able to open the blog and have just spent the last hour reading every single blog written since the beginning so I can be up to date! What beautiful names and what a beautiful job you have done "decorating" your site!! I can't wait to see these girls!