I wanted to wait until I had actual facts and figures before I did my 18 month update. The girls got gold stars and princess stickers from the pediatrician yesterday. She continues to be amazed by how well they are doing and is very impressed by their progress. The girls got a Hepatitis A shot, a flu shot and a heal stick to check their iron levels. Addison seriously did not cry at all. She did this little fake sobby thing, but didn't shed a tear. Alexis on the other hand, well you would have thought someone was murdering her. So here we go:
- As of yesterday (the 19th) she weighed 20 pounds 13 ounces and was 30 1/2 inches tall. Finally hit the charts: 7th percentile for weight & 12 percentile for height.
- Currently uses Size 4 Kirkland's (Costco Brand) diapers
- Currently wears 12 month clothes, sometimes an occasional 18 month but that's very rare.
- Wears size 5 shoe
- Has 12, maybe 13 teeth. Trying to verify this is like sticking my hand into an alligators mouth.
- Officially no longer uses a bottle, EVER. She had a hard time with this, especially at bed time, but we are happy to say that she has finally given it up.
- Loves Barney and Elmo. Can literally be screaming her head off and the minute you turn on Barney or Elmo she will instantly calm down.
- Still has a limited vocabulary of: MaMa, DaDa, Cat, Ball, Buh Buh (barney), MoMo(Elmo), BaBa (bottle aka, sippy cup), Dog, Tah Dah (when she does flips or just generally anything worthy of a Tah Dah). She tends to do more pointing than talking.
- Has the sweetest personality when she is by herself, not that she isn't sweet when she isn't alone, but it's obvious she loves the personal attention. She will give hugs and kisses and loves to cuddle.
- Loves to read books, actually let me rephrase that....she loves to turn pages of books.
- Loves to sing and has the sweetest little singing voice.
- Knows several of her body parts and will point to them when asked.
- Recognizes a dog, cat, frog, pig or cow. If you have a book and ask her where the dog is, she will point to it. Also will say mmmmmm, trying to say Mooo, to imitate a cow.
- As of yesterday (the 19th) she weighed 19 pounds 2 ounces and was 30 1/2 inches tall. (Yes, both girls are the exact same height.) She also finally hit the charts: 1st percentile for weight & 19 percentile for height.
- Currently uses Size 4 Kirkland's (Costco Brand) diapers.
- Currently wears 12 month clothes.
- Wears size 5 shoe
- Has 12 teeth. Again, this is very hard to verify 100% these days. Addison is a little more laid back about letting me check but she gets tired of me looking in her mouth very quickly.
- Sleeps with a little blanket. I'm ok with this since my girls never took pacifiers.
- Shares her sisters love of Barney and Elmo. I think Addison loves Elmo more. Anytime she seems Elmo anywhere she makes sure that everyone knows that she just saw Elmo. We were walking through Target's baby section the other night and she saw Elmo on a baby bib and started shouting "Elmo Elmo Elmo".
- Her vocabulary has seriously exploded in the past month. I can't even begin to create a list of words that she knows. Everyday it is something new. Yesterday at the pediatricians office she pulled Terry's keys out of the diaper bag and held them up and said "keys?". A few nights ago, she kept saying something that Terry and I both thought sounded like "apple". Sure enough, she was telling Terry that she wanted applesauce.
- Is a social butterfly. Is always telling everyone Hi or Bye. Loves to wave, blow kisses and draw attention to herself. Super Cute!
- Loves to read books. She will actually sit on your lap and let you read to her. She also loves to turn the pages but is more willing to let you read to her.
- Knows several of her body parts and will point to them when asked. She also will tell you where your specific body parts are located. Her favorite lately being teeth.
- Recognizes and can imitate several animals. She says mmmmmm (instead of mooo) for a cow, baaaa for a sheep, twack twack for a duck. She can pick out and point to a specific animal if you ask her.
We are anxiously awaiting Halloween at our house this year. The girls are loving their costumes and can't wait to make their debut around our neighborhood. Stay tuned for more updates.....