Friday, June 8, 2012

Out of the mouths of babes....

Just a quick post with some things I don't want to forget...

  • A few days ago, Alexis was getting ready to flip over the back of the couch.  She knows better but likes to do it anyway.  I yelled "HEY" across the kitchen.  She looks up at me and says with the straightest face and responds with...."hay's for horses".  So hard not to laugh!


  • Another evening a few days ago, the girls were sitting in their highchairs (which are very quickly becoming too small for them) eating dinner.  Jynxie our cat, was playing with one of the girls silly bands.  You know those crazy little rubber bracelet things?  The cat loves to bat those things around on the floor.  The girls thought that it was hilarious that Jynx was playing with "their" bracelets.  I playfully looked at Jynxie and said "Jynxie what are you doing?"  Addison looks at me like I'm a complete and total idiot and says..."Jynxie can't talk".  It was like she was saying why the heck are you asking the cat a question when she can't answer you back.

  • Several weeks ago we were shopping at Wal-Mart.  I probably need to back up a little bit and give you some background information.  One evening I had put on my facial mask while the girls were still up.  I typically do this after they go to bed.  Addison screamed bloody murder because I had a "purple face".  I immediately washed it off.  The new Hulk movie has also recently been released on DVD, so there are a lot of Hulk displays in the stores and commercials on tv.  Whenever the girls see the Hulk, they call him "Green Face".  So back to the Wal-Mart story......We get in line to check out at Wal-Mart when Alexis yells (very loudly)......."Hey Mom, Look Black Face".  I was mortified!!!

  • The girls are going through this horrible biting phase AGAIN!  I thought we had previously nipped this in the bud, but it's back.  Addison bit Alexis for no apparent reason the other night.  She looked at me after she did it and said, "I get a time out".  She walked right over to the corner and sat down.  We have since tightened up the time out guidelines.  They are now required to stand and put their nose in the corner, where as previously they were allowed to sit and wait out their three minute penalty.  I received this text message picture very early at work today....apparently Alexis was in trouble just minutes after getting out of bed.  She hadn't even completely changed from her pj's to regular clothes yet.

1 comment:

Misty Dawn said...

Too funny Janet!! It would be hard for me not to laugh with them LOL When we were visiting with our social worker, Chris told her that when he was smaller and time out stopped working for him and his brother, they made them stand on their tippy toes in the corner. You should try that next. Chris said its great on the calf muscles LOL