Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas 2010 & New Years

I can't believe that the first week of January is almost complete and I'm just now getting around to posting about Christmas.  It really truly seems that since the girls came home from the NICU that the days are shorter and that time is flying by quicker than ever!

Since the holiday fell on Saturday this year, I was lucky enough to have Friday, Christmas Eve off work.  Terry and I decided that it had been WAY TOO LONG since we had a date night.  Our last date night was when we were at my parents for Thanksgiving.  So Thursday evening, we hired a babysitter and decided to go check out a movie.  The last time we saw a movie together, in a theatre, was when I was still pregnant with the girls.  We saw Four Christmases in Chicago on Thanksgiving weekend in 2008.  One of our first dates was seeing Meet the Parents.  We've always loved that series of movies, and heck our cat, Jynxie is even named based on the movie.  When we heard there was another sequel, Little Fockers, we couldn't wait to go see it.  Sadly the movie didn't quite live up to our expectations and definitely was not as funny as the previous two, but it was so nice just to spend some time alone on an actual "date".  Focusing on having regular "dates" is part of our 2011 resolutions. 

We spent an amazing Christmas day with Terry's family here in Indianapolis this year.  The girls didn't really know what to think about all their gifts and seriously had no interest in opening them.  They were more interested in checking out their cousins and what they were doing.  I think each girl opened one of their presents and then they were off and running, literally!  Lately the girls are more active than ever and don't stay in one place for too long.  The girls received a bunch of amazing gifts that we are slowly rationing to help get us through these long, cold winter months where we are stuck indoors. 

Sadly I didn't take as many pictures on Christmas as I would have liked.  I would like to believe that I'm busy "living in the moment" but the truth is that I honestly just don't think about it.  I look back and regret that I don't have more "everyday" pictures of the girls.  This is another part of our 2011 resolutions....take more pictures!!  Here are the ones that we did take:


The above two pictures are all the presents.  This picture doesn't really show how high the pile was or show how beautiful the Christmas tree was.


The above two pictures are Alexis playing with the stuffed panda.  Again, she didn't really have any desire to open her gifts she just wanted to pull stuff off the shelves and knock all of Grandma's pictures off the table.

I love this smile!  Ignore the red eye. 

Addison and her obsession with remote controls. 

After opening several of the girls gifts myself, I started sticking the bows on Addison's head.  I think she had four on her head before she wouldn't let me do it anymore.  (notice the remote still in her hand)

Again with the remote.  Don't you just wanna squeeze her?

Oh and the climbing....I seriously think that they girls are part monkey.  Everything they can climb on they do!  They spent a good part of the day climbing these stairs.  (see the remote?)

Alexis having fun with Uncle Keith.  Uncle K was tickling her.

On to our New Year's....
  Once upon a time we used to host the biggest New Year's Eve parties.  Man how things have changed!!!  Terry and I decided that we were going to have a low key NYE since we weren't sure that either of us were going to be able to stay awake until midnight.  We did want to do something a little special to celebrate making it through another year, but we couldn't justify paying tons of money to go out.   We chilled out and watched a few movies, made chili cheese dip, and ordered some of our favorite comfort foods from Chicago.  One of Terry's favorites is Portillo's beef & one of my fav's is pizza from Lou Malnati's....both popular Chicago meals.  We found a website that will ship both all around the world.  So we basically lounged around, ate some great food and were in bed by eleven.  What happened to those days where we could stay out until 2:00a.m. and then get up at 6:00a.m. to go to work?  I guess this is what it feels like to get old?

We hope you and your family had a fantastic Holiday and we wish you a safe, happy and healthy 2011!!

No comments: