Friday, April 27, 2012

Anything can be a toy!

I love how my girls have wild and crazy imaginations.  They can turn even the simplest of items into a toy.  Lately they have been coming up with the craziest things.  We recently did a mini basement makeover.  Due to some financial limitations we weren't able to complete it the way we were originally planning.  Regardless, we decided that it was 100% necessary for the girls to have their own playroom.  Walking through our living room without stepping on a toy or tripping over something was becoming a challenge.  We were able to purchase some large carpet remnants for cheap at a local hardware store.  They came on large rolls.  The girls played with these empty rolls for hours.  At first they were just yelling into them.  Then they became bridges.  Then super, duper magic wands.  Towards the end I lost track of exactly what they were doing.  I love watching their little minds work!



I apologize for the picture quality.  They were taken on my cell phone.  I'm still waiting for our computer to be fixed so I can actually download some real pictures. 

I'm so glad to have our mini remodel almost complete.  The slide pictured in the above picture has since moved to the basement.  I can't even tell you how excited I am to no longer have slide in my living room!  We still have a few rather large projects ahead of us.  As you can see in the bottom picture, we are about to embark on painting our entire first floor....the only downfall of having a large open room.  There are a few paint samples on the wall.  Now it's just a matter of picking one and moving forward.  You can also see in the bottom picture that we are in the process of upgrading our appliances.  So far we have a new dishwasher and refrigerator.  Those both crapped out so we were forced to get new ones.  I'm ok with having mis-matched appliances for awhile.  This gives us the opportunity to save and purchase the ones we really want. 

No comments: