Thursday, January 8, 2015

Kids say the darndest things....

I'm way behind on my blogging and need to catch up, but between school delays due to snow and cold temperatures, work, and life in general I just don't have the time right now.  I will soon!  I promise!   I just want to document a few things at the moment:


  • This morning the girls school was cancelled due to sub zero temperatures.  Last night they had called a two hour delay, but this morning they closed all together.  I explained to Addison that they no longer had a delay (which they have had everyday this week due to snow) and that now they get to stay home all day because it's too cold to go to school.  Addison then proceeded to ask me at least 5 times "why is it too cold for me to go to school, but not too cold for you to go to work?".  I had no reasonable answer!

  • Alexis asked me the other evening why we do not have a butler.  I was unable to give her an acceptable answer.

  • Alexis lost tooth #2 one day last week.  Addison still has yet to loose any.  A few evenings ago, Alexis asked me how many days until they go to the dentist.  Both my kids LOVE the dentist.  I told her that her appointment was on January 15th.  She then asked me if it was going to cost the same amount for her to go the dentist as it will for Addison.  I didn't understand her question at first.  She explained to me that it shouldn't cost as much for her because she has less teeth for the dentist to clean.  Sounds reasonable to me!!  Doubt the dentist with think the same way!!

No comments: