Saturday, September 19, 2015

Addison's First Grade Field Trip....

I got the pleasure of chaperoning Addison's first grade field trip on Tuesday, September 15th.  Terry was able to chaperone Alexis' class on Monday.  Unfortunately, Terry did not take any photos and I only have pictures of Addison's class.  Here are a few:
School Bus Selfie....







The first grade classes visited a local nature preserve.  I found this to be a very interesting trip, but I think it was actually a little intense for first graders.  One thing both my girls really liked was learning about the monarch butterflies.  The nature preserve participates in a monarch tagging program where they catch, tag and release the butterflies.  This allows the butterflies to be tracked during their winter migration.  I'm pretty excited to check out their flight patterns online.

No comments: