Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ice Festival.....

 
 
Last Saturday, January 11th we took the girls to the local ice festival in our town.  Ironically, we spent the entire week hiding out from snow and ice and then on Saturday we went in search of it.
 
I had no idea what to expect when I read the details of the event, but in all honesty we were just looking for anything to do that would get us out of the house.
 
The girls had a blast seeing all the ice sculptures.  They are still talking about it.  I got to admit, most of the sculptures were fairly impressive.
 
 
Our local library's logo....

 
One of Addison's favs...


 
Alexis' fav...


 
Since I totally spaced bringing their hats, these plastic firefighter helmets came in handy.  The strap on them helped secure the hoods from their coats.
 


 
Terry's favorite...



 
The town of Fishers logo...

 
The girls were really fascinated by watching the man actually carve the ice.  It was very interesting to watch. 


 
I think this one was my fav...

 
My photos do not do these sculptures justice!  They were beyond amazing!  Can't wait to see how this event evolves next year!!!

No comments: