Monday, February 16, 2015

Love...

My sweet little Addison loves to read and write.  There is rarely a time when she doesn't have a pencil, marker, or some form of writing utensil in her hands.  Over the past few weeks I've found the following around my house.  She is trying so hard to spell without asking for help.  I think she is doing a pretty darn good job.  And yes, most of these make me teary eyed.  I can't help but think back to those days when we were told to "prepare to care for a child with special needs".  Little did they know that this child tagged as "special needs", would be one of the most special things to ever happen to our lives. 
 
 
Empty boxes make the best blank canvases!  
 
Translation:  I love Alexis, Mom, Dad, the people in my family.

 
The girl's school was having a book fair.  They each had $10 to buy the book(s) of their choice.  I told them they needed to write their name on the bag, so that the teachers would know the purpose of the funds being sent. 
 
Translation:  Addison Smith  book fair money


 
Addison loves to use old envelopes to "write letters" to people.  In this case she was making Valentine's Day cards.   This particular card is "For Everyone".

 
Addison forgot that Gramma was going to be visiting on Valentine's Day and she hadn't made her a card.  She wrote herself a note so she wouldn't forget to do it the next day.
 
Translation:  Do Gramma's Valentine's.

 
And my personal favorite:  Terry's Valentine from Addison.
 
Translation:  I love you to pieces.  Terry always tells both girls that he loves them to pieces.  This one was definitely a tear jearker for me!!!

No comments: