Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Three years ago today.....

  • OH what I wouldn't give to be back on that beach again right now!!! So many things have changed in the last three years!!! Looking back, I wouldn't change a thing! We've had our share of rough times and obstacles to overcome, but I couldn't think of any person I would rather go through life with! This year, thanks to bed rest and doctor restrictions, we will be celebrating our anniversary over Chinese food and an episode of American Idol. Fun Fun!!!

    So, I'm sure that you have figured out by now that my doctor did not lift my bed rest restrictions. We had an appointment this morning with the doctor at 11:00. I need to get used to the fact that my OB is never on time! I guess when you deliver babies all day it makes it difficult to maintain a schedule. But I hate waiting!!! Around 12:30ish we finally saw the doctor. He did an ultrasound of the girls and they both are looking great! My cervix is maintaining and it appears that the cerclage is doing it's job. This is good and bad news. The good news is that the babies are doing GREAT!!! The bad news is that I will be on bed rest until Addison and Alexis are born. While I know that this is definitely in the best interest of the girls, I'm not happy about spending another 2 1/2 months in bed. BLAH!!!

    Dr. Cleary did give me permission to attend our baby classes and my Indy baby shower, but he won't allow me to travel to Chicago for my baby shower there. I'm SOOO sad!!! Terry's going to attend the shower in my place. He's excited but I'm REALLY bummed!! I just have to keep reminding myself that everything happens for a reason! It's very difficult to accept the fact that I'm gonna have to stay in this bed for another 10-12 weeks but the reward is going to be totally worth it!!!

No comments: