Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Quick Update...

Just a real quick update from our doctors appointment and ultrasound today. There is good news and bad news to report. I feel like lately, I've been swamped with bad news so lets start with the positives....

Both babies look great!!! Baby A who likes to hang out really low is weighing in at 2 pounds. She was being rather stubborn and did not want to cooperate for pictures. We could see that she was getting rather agitated by the poking and prodding. Baby B who likes to hang out in my upper rib cage is weighing in at 2 pounds 5 ounces. She also was not in a very photogenic mood today. She only wanted to show us her bottom. I told Terry that they definitely are his girls. They are mooning people already!! The doctor said everything looks great and the babies both look really healthy.

Now onto the not so great news... Just before we left for our appointment today I got a call from my OB's office that I once again failed the glucose test. I am scheduled to meet with a dietician tomorrow to set up my new diet and learn how to use the diabetes monitor that I will check my blood sugar with 6 times a day. Sounds like fun huh??

I also learned some interesting information. Things that I have been eating that I thought were good for me actually are really bad. I have been drinking a TON of juice. I'm supposed to drink 100 ounces of liquid everyday so juice is one of my beverages of choice. The lady told me from now until after the babies are born NO juice. She also said that I shouldn't be eating any fresh fruit before noon?? I usually consume either 2 bananas, 2 oranges, or a large amount of cantaloupe with my breakfast. She advised me that fresh fruits (especially melons) contain a high amount of sugar. I wasn't happy to hear that. Cantaloupe has been my snack food. I eat almost an entire cantaloupe every day. Who knew that I was actually causing this myself? I thought I was eating really healthy? Guess not!

So for today, No new pictures of the girls(insert sad face here). I'm sure I will have another post soon. We meet with the dietician and diabetes counselor tomorrow at 1:00p.m. EST so that should be interesting.

No comments: