Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day Weekend 2012

We had a great Mother's Day weekend here in Indy this year.  As with any holiday, it's always an emotional time for me as we reflect on how far we have come.  Mother's Day is always a hard one for me, as it was my first holiday with kids and we spent it in the NICU. 

Saturday morning I loaded up the girls and met a friend and her daughter (a fellow 28 week preemie) at the zoo.  We always have a good time when we have play dates with other kiddos, but it's always interesting to hang out with other preemies.  There's nothing like the bond that two preemie mom's share.  No one other than a preemie Mommy can or will ever understand it. 

The zoo had a great little Mother's Day set up and we attempted a photo op. 


Sadly, the girls were already in melt down mode so we had to take a silly picture to get them to look at the camera.


Not the best picture but at least they are cooperating.

And of course, you can't go to the zoo without riding the merry-go-round.




We spend Sunday just hanging out as a family.  The girls brought me breakfast in bed.  We went to the park and then out to dinner for Mexican food.  I'm fairly certain I was smothering with over 1000 kisses and hugs throughout the day.  Those were the best presents ever!!!



No comments: