Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Grant's Farm....PART ONE!

On the first full day of our vacation (July 4th, 2013) in St. Louis we decided to visit Grant's Farm.    If you have never been to Grant's Farm and are planning a visit to STL, we definitely recommend it.

I remember visiting GF as a child, and I was excited to take my kiddos and my hubby there.  Taking the advice of my sister, we arrived early to beat the heat as well as the crowds.  We pulled into the park just a few minutes before 9:00.  While we were waiting for them to open we used the time to take a few photos.  In fact, I took so many photos of our day at Grant's Farm that I'm going to have to break it up into two blog posts....


 
Addison, Alexis, Grandma & Cousin Luke

 
Our course, you have to have a silly face photo every now and then!
 

 
Feeding the goats.  In hindsight we probably should of done this differently.  Because we were one of the first people into the park, the goats were REALLY hungry.  The almost attacked the girls to get to their bottles of milk.  You can pretty much see the horror in Alexis' face.  She clung to my sister like crazy.  Both of the girls refused to be put down while in the goat area.
 
If you ask the girls what their favorite part of GF was, they will tell you it was when the goats tried to eat Daddy's shorts.  These goats were starving.


 
The above two photos I just thought were cute.  The girls were very captivated by everything and their facial expressions were priceless to me!

 
Have you ever seen a tortoise smile??
 

 
And of course, a merry-go-round is always a huge hit with my kiddos!


 
And what could be more appropriate on the Fourth of July than a few bald eagles?  These birds were so beautiful.  The photos don't do them justice!!

******************
 
Stay tuned.....Part two coming soon!  I'm still trying to get back into the swing of things after vacation. Work, laundry and playing catch up is taking over my free time.

No comments: