Tuesday, October 7, 2008

In the beginning....

Ok, so today is the beginning. I decided that I would begin to blog this process as not to forget the good, the bad and the exciting times to come. Terry & I have decided that we are not going to share this process with many. It's a very personal situation and it is very stressful. Not many understand the journey of infertility......being constantly poked, proded, monitored etc. It becomes a lot to handle. We just decided that we didn't want to add the questions of friends and family on top of the existing stress.

Today, we meet with the fertility doctor (also known as a reproductive endocrinologist) at 11:30. From my initial understanding, we will have an ultrasound and I will be trained on how to administer the medication to myself. This process scares me completely!! I’m a little freaked out by needles and having to give myself a shot is something that I’m not sure that I can do. But in the end if it works it will be totally worth it

I’m feeling a little light headed and strangely dizzy this morning but I think that it’s just nerves. We shall see how things go.

No comments: