Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Look What I Bought.....

Yep, that's right!  We are now the proud owners of four little princess potty chairs, two for upstairs and two for downstairs.  The girls have randomly started saying "uck uck uck" and grabbing their bottoms after they poo.  So, I decided that it was a good time to start thinking about introducing the potty.  While I'm not 100% sure that the girls are ready for full-blown potty training, I figured it couldn't hurt to start presenting it. 

Just like everything else, I did a lot of research about potty chairs.  I was almost 100% positive that I wanted to get the fancy Baby Bjorn potties until I read the reviews about them.  It never would have dawned on me to think about splash guards and the high center piece when dealing with girls.  I'm glad I actually did read up before just going out and buying them. 

Like I said previously, I'm not positive that the girls are ready for this but we are going to start slowly and see where we go.  If it doesn't work and the girls reject the idea completely, then we will wait a few months and try again.  I've heard too many horror stories about parents who start potty training too early and then their children rebel and they are in diapers until they are three.  I have no plans to force the issue and plan to let the girls decide on their own when they are ready.  So, my plans are to just introduce the potty before the girls take a bath.  I will let them sit on the chair and see how it goes.  Wish me luck!

If you have any potty suggestions, I'm all ears!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Go for it! The sooner the better :)

My only tip would be to make sitting on the potty a routine that you do every day. Like, sit them on the potty every night before their baths while you get the tub ready, etc.

designHER Momma said...

Time for potty! Such a big and exciting step. Best of luck to you...

Emily said...

I don't have any advice, as I'm still too chicken to start down that potty road...but I'm rooting for ya!