Sunday, March 29, 2009

Baby Shower #2--INDY SHOWER













Today was my local shower here in Indianapolis. It was so great to actually get out of the house!!! It did take every ounce of energy that I had to get ready, but it was totally worth it to escape the walls of my bedroom. Of course, since we live in the mid-west, it was snowing and blah outside. But I really didn't care I was just ecstatic to be free....well free for a couple hours anyway.

Above are a few pictures of the shower. We had a great turn out although we were expecting about eight more people. I received several text messages and voicemails early in the morning from friends who were sick and couldn't make it. I do know a bad case of the flu has been traveling around....probably due to the fact that one day it's 70 degrees outside and then the next day its snowing. I did find out later that four of them had won tickets to the NCAA basketball game downtown and didn't have the heart to tell me. Oh well. Not sure that I would have bailed on my friends baby shower but winning front row seats would have been hard for me to turn down too.

Just wanted to send a quick thanks to my hostesses....Sherri, Sue, Donna & Robin who did a great job of putting everything together. I'm so glad that I actually was able to attend one of my showers. My shower in Chicago is next weekend (April 4th) and I'm still really bummed out that I'm going to miss that one as well. This bed rest stuff is getting old!!!!

Thanks again Ladies!! I love you all!!!

No comments: