Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy One Week Birthday!!!

Well today the girls are officially one week old!!! I have no idea where the last week has gone. All the days seem to have ran together. Here's a real quick update on our progress so far... I'm totally exhausted and emotionally and physically drained, so I'm gonna try and be quick.

Let's start with our first born, Addison. We met with the doctor today and he showed us her brain scans. It was very interesting to see what they actually look like. The good news with Addison is that the bleeding in her brain has not gotten any worse. It's also not gotten any better. Basically we have no real answers about the bleeding. We will repeat the brain scans every Monday. Only time will tell what the ramifications of the bleeding will actually be. The doctor continues to warn us of the risk of cerebral palsy and mental retardation, but he also assures us that he doesn't feel that it is terminal. Addison is completely off her billie/jaundice lights and continues to thrive on the c-pap. She also had an echo cardiogram today and the doctor said that her heart looks great. Today she looked a little agitated, but I think she is still getting used to being off the ventilator.

Now onto Alexis. Alexis also had a brain scan and echo cardiogram today. Both her brain scan and echo came back great. She's looking good and we are just hoping that she can gain some weight. She continues to be adorable and feisty!! It truly amazes me how quickly they establish their own personalities. She's such a little diva and definitely a Daddy's girl. She always grabs onto his finger everytime Terry touches her.

I had my stiches removed today. Luckily my tummy is still really numb so I didn't feel much. As per doctors orders I'm going to go get some rest. I think I'm realizing that I'm not Super Woman and I can't do everything on my own. Sorry no pictures today, I'll work on more later this week.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Keep up the good work girls!!
Love and Hugs, Auntie Laura
mmmmmmm,kiss

Lisa said...

I hope the girls continue to do well! They are in my prayers.

Brenda said...

So glad to hear that the girls are holding their own!! My thoughts and prayers are with you guys!!!

Amy Miller said...

Glad to hear of the progress...you are all in my prayers and in the prayers of many friends at church.