Tuesday, February 16, 2010

10 Months!!

The girls turned 10 months this past Saturday. This is so surreal to me! It seems like just yesterday Terry and I were hovering over their isolets, spending endless hours in the NICU. They have come so far and we feel so blessed to be the parents of two adorable girls! I can't believe that we are already planning their first birthday party. I'm days away from securing the location and date. Keep your fingers crossed that the date we've selected works out for us.

Here are some stats and my favorite pictures from the last month. I apologize for being so lax about posting pictures. It seems like lately my free time is becoming less and less. The girls are super mobile now and you can't step away for a second without one of them causing some form of trouble.

Addison

No current weight or height as we haven't been to the pediatrician in awhile.

Currently has two teeth and loves to show them to everyone. If you ask her to show you her teeth she will open up proudly.

She's quick! Our poor cat is being attacked on a daily basis. Jynxie gets love from Addison constantly. We are still working on teaching Addison the concept of "petting her nicely" but she isn't quite understanding. Addison can dart from one side of the living room to the other in seconds. Jynxie is quick, but Addison gives her a run for her money.

Addison plays very well by herself. She loves her books and absolutely loves her Playskool Busy Lil Garden Butterfly.



This butterfly will keep her busy for a long time.  We should really think about investing in Energizer because the amount of batteries we go through is insane.

I can't really say that Addison has a favorite food because she will eat just about anything.  She isn't a fan of fresh mashed up bananas but loves them in Gerber baby food form.

Still wearing Size 2 diapers and Size 3 at night.  Also wears 6 month clothing, some 9 months.

Addison becomes more vocal every day.  In the last month her hair has gotten really long.  She has the sweetest smile and the most beautiful blue eyes that pierce my heart every time I look at her.  She is really starting to have more and more of a personality and is generally a very happy little girl.

Typical picture of my Sweet Addison.  Always chewing on something.  She is seriously working on some more teeth.  We hope they pop through soon!

Umm...I will never forget to put a bib on her EVER AGAIN!!!  Love those blue eyes!!


I took the above two pictures on their actual ten month birthday.  Addison was more interested in actually playing with the letters than posing for a picture.  Again, we had to improvise with the second "D", since their play mat only has one.

This picture is not from the last month.  It actually was taken on New Year's Eve.  I'm not sure why it never got posted, but it's one of my favorite pictures of Addison.  She has the sweetest smile.


Alexis

Again, no current weight or height, but I would guess around 15lbs-ish.

Currently also has TWO teeth.  MAKING OUR OFFICIAL TOOTH COUNT AT FOUR!!  (I haven't done an official tooth count recently!)  She has discovered that having teeth causes her Momma to yell OUCH on a regular basis.  She thinks it's funny to chew on my hand and bite down occasionally.  For some reason hearing me yell OUCH is pretty funny?  I don't get it, but she thinks it's hysterical?

Alexis is a climber.  She tries to push her toys up against the couch and then uses them as a step stool to try and hoist herself up.  She hasn't quite figured it out yet, but I have a feeling that it's coming soon.  She also loves to be upside down?  I'm not sure what that's about, but if it makes her happy we just roll with it!  

I can't really say that Alexis has a favorite toy.  She bounces back and forth from all her toys and I can't say that she consistently plays with just one specific toy.  Her new favorite thing to do is play "Where's Alexis"?  She will grab one of her burp cloths and place it over her head until you say "Where's Alexis"  then she will pull it off of her head and start giggling.  It's the cutest thing!!!

I also can't say that Alexis has a favorite food.  Both girls are not really picky eaters. (knock on wood)  We are still trying to transition the girls into more solid foods.  They have been eating baby food for quite awhile.  Our pediatrician wants us to work on getting them into more textured foods.  We are still working with the puffs so the girls get the swallowing of whole foods down.

Still wearing Size 2 diapers and Size 3 at night.  Alexis is probably ready to transition into a Size 3 diaper full time.  I'm just trying to use up some of the Size 2's we have first.

Alexis is our resident "Drama Queen" this month.  She knows that when she "fake coughs" that she gets attention.  When the girls were younger and had a lot of "choking issues" we would quickly dart to them every time we heard the slightest cough.  I think that Alexis knows this and tries to use this trick to get attention sometimes.  We are on to her little games!  She also has developed a very distinct "fake cry" that turns into her laughing.  She's a little stinker but is also the biggest cuddler.  She didn't used to be so cuddly but now she loves to give hugs.  She melts me everytime she climbs up onto my lap to give me a hug. 

Alexis' hair has gotten long this month as well, but has also gotten very thick.  She is so much like her father I can't even explain it.  She is SO Terry's little female version of MINI ME!!!

This picture is from the beginning of the month.  It amazes how big she has gotten in the last few weeks!Alexis NEVER sleeps in her boppy anymore so I couldn't resist taking a picture of her so peaceful and QUIET!!!

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this picture of Lex.  She has the biggest smile that can brighten any room!

Alexis also loves to scream!  I can actually hear her screaming just by looking at this picture.

YEP, another picture to prove that I was having a momentary bout with insanity. 
I VOW TO NEVER FORGET TO PUT ON A BIB AGAIN!!!

I'm learning how to be quick with the camera.  I take 25 pictures and get 2-3 good ones.  Thank goodness for digital cameras!!

This picture cracks me up.  Alexis is giving me "the look".  I  feel like she is telling me that I'm nuts.  I get this look at least once a day. 

I know that I say this every month, but I can't believe how far they have come.  I'm reminded on a daily basis how blessed we are to have two beautiful healthy baby girls.  I look back and can't believe that they were once so tiny.  I'm seriously going to work on posting a "look back" blog soon!  When people ask me why we keep the girls so sheltered during cold and flu season it's because we've been through hell and back.  I'm hoping that doing a "look back" post will put things into perspective.  Just envision for a second.....
a newborn baby who's head is no larger than a tennis ball,
a precious life who's just longer than a standard size ruler
a tiny leg that's not much wider than a tube of chap stick

I could keep going, but I'm going to save it for another time.  But let me just ask you this.....If you had experienced what we have, don't you think you would do absolutely everything in your power to protect your children as well???

We know that protecting our girls is the least we can do.  I credit God for having a HUGE role in getting us to where we are today.  Every breath is sacred.  Every smile is a gift.  Every day is a blessing.
I feel so lucky to be the Mom of these two precious GIFTS FROM GOD!!!

I promise to get my Valentine's post up soon!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Aww...what a nice post! Your girls are so beautiful. They both look to have grown so much from the last post. Addison's hair is getting so long and cute!

Allison used to do the fake cough, too! I had forgotten about that until you mentioned it. :)