Friday, June 25, 2010

A Tale/tail of two.....Well, pony tails anyway.

There has been much discussion in our house lately in regards to haircuts.  This is something I'm SO NOT ready for yet.  I'm not sure why, but in my eyes, having the girls get their first hair cut means that I have to accept the fact that they are not babies anymore.  I can't do that yet!  Wasn't it just yesterday that we were bringing them home from the hospital? 

Terry still thinks that at least Alexis needs a "trim" to help tame her wild mane.  He probably is right, but I just can't bring myself to take them for a haircut.  Yes, eventually I will give in, but for now bows, clips, and pony tails will have to suffice.

In the past whenever I tried to put bow or anything in the girls hair they would pull them out.  If they didn't pull out their own hair accessory, then Addison would pull out Alexis' or vice versa.  So we hadn't really done much with hair products.  Now in an attempt to delay haircuts we decided that it was time to try again.  Here are some pictures of the girls with their first pony tails:


I wish I could tell you that Alexis was doing something cute like blowing kisses in this picture but she isn't.  I think she actually was in the process of running away from me while I was trying to take her picture.

Alexis again.  It's nearly impossible to get these munchkins to stand still for a picture anymore.

Alexis giving me the evil eye.

Alexis plotting how she is going to break free from her "fenced in" area.

Addison more excited about the pony tail holders than her actual hair do.

Addison Grace

Addison:  Those eyes get me every time!

Addison running away from me.


Over the weekend we celebrated Father's Day at Terry's Mom's house.  The girls were super excited to have a new place to run around and play.  We attempted to get a photo of Daddy with his girls, but as I previously mentioned....It's near impossible to get the girls to sit still for 10 seconds.  Here's our best effort:

Alexis pink & Addison blue (And Uncle Keith on the left)


Monkeys I tell you!!  (Cousin Lila popped in on the left)

See what I mean?.....nearly impossible!

And the one halfway decent picture that I get.....Terry isn't looking at the camera.  UGH!



You may remember almost a year ago, some pictures that we took of Alexis and Clifford at Ga Ga's house.


Well It seems that this past weekend, Alexis enjoyed Clifford a little more than she did a year ago....

I just love that grin!
Alexis riding Clifford with Cousin Lila.

The girls have their first tumbling class tomorrow morning.  We are all very excited so stay tuned for pictures!

No comments: