Monday, August 19, 2013

NICU Reunion 2013...

This past Saturday we attended our fifth NICU reunion.  Even after five years, all those emotions come flooding back.  While it's so incredible to re-connect with all the fabulous nurses and doctors who took care of our kiddos....it also brings back a lot of feelings and emotions that we keep tucked away. 
 
This is such an incredible event with over three thousand people in attendance this year.  We even made it on the local news.  Once I find the link, I will be sure to post it.
 
We ran into one of our doctors while at the party.  She amazes me every year how she remembers our story exactly.  She remembers the girls bed numbers in the NICU.  She remembers diagnoses.  And she always brings me to tears, happy and grateful tears that is!  When the doc told me that she never expected Addison to make it out of the NICU alive I about lost it.  It was almost as if I was reliving that moment when she told us about her brain bleeding all over again.  We are so very fortunate and so incredibly blessed to have had so many answered prayers.
 
 


 
As always, we ride the ponies first thing before the line gets too long.  Addison top, with her pony "Levi" and Alexis bottom, with her pony "Sassy".  Alexis was so excited to ride the little horse.  It was also slightly ironic that her horses name was Sassy, because we are constantly telling her how sassy she is!  :-)


 
A few of the games, the girls loved the ring toss game.


 
The also loved trying to ring the bell on this giraffe game.  Needless to say, neither one of my tiny girls were strong enough to ring it.

 
And the ever popular, duck pond....or play in the water game as Alexis called it!

 
The infamous train.

 
One of our beautiful night nurses, Karrie.  She is responsible for taking the very first photos I have of my girls.  I have several beautiful scrapbook pages that she made for us.

 
My favorite night nurse Lisa.  There aren't enough words to describe this beautiful woman.  She took care of me just as much as she took care of the girls during our NICU days.  I only slept well on nights when I knew Lisa was watching over my girls.         I hate that Addison was being a grouch in this photo.

 
The girls loved the see-saw.  They probably would of played on this all day.


 
Liz, our favorite day nurse.  Again, no words to describe how amazing this woman is.  She was one of the few people who could make me smile during those 3 1/2 months.  I will never forget the day that Liz convinced the doctors to let me hold my girls.  She knew I was having a rough time and that was exactly what I needed!


 
The girls love fire engines!  I think Alexis just likes to flirt with the firemen!!




 
And Sparky the fire dog!  They were in love with him!!
 
As I say every year......This event is an amazing display of God's handiwork!!!  My girls are walking, talking, living proof that God works in amazing ways!!!

No comments: