Friday, March 19, 2010

Party Info for out of town guests....

As the rsvp's are starting to roll in for the party, we've been receiving several questions that I thought I would address at one time.  Please excuse the informality of this, but this way seems a lot easier since I know most of our guests traveling from afar to the party will read this.

1.  Indiana is permanently in the Eastern time zone now.  We used to not change time with the rest of the world but now we do.  We are one hour ahead of most of you.  The party is from 2-5 EST.

2.  The Hotel Indigo is approximately 4 miles from the park.  Terry & I estimate that it would take about 10 minutes to travel from the hotel to the park.

3.  The Hotel will hold our block of rooms through March 31st.  If you plan on coming, and are in need of overnight accommodations, I encourage you to book your room before the 31st.  There is a NCAA basketball tournament in Indianapolis the same weekend and most hotels are already booked to capacity.

4.  We have 10 hotel rooms reserved in our block.  Four of which I know have already been reserved.  Rooms have been discounted to $79 per night plus applicable taxes and fees.

5.  The hotel is within walking distance of many restaurants and shopping locations.  It is located off of a very busy intersection so walking is probably not recommended but as requested here are a few things located within a half mile:  Wal-Mart, Meijer, Kohls, Sams Club, McDonalds, Wendys, Steak-n-Shake, Cracker Barrel, Ruby Tuesdays, Subway.

6.  Yes, we will be serving food.  We are planning on doing your typical picnic/bbq in the park menu.  If anyone has any specific dietary needs that need to be met please let me know, so we can do our best to accommodate you.  And NO Carrie, specific dietary needs does not include your request for a large porterhouse steak!  LOL!

I think this answers most of the more common questions that I've been getting.  We are very excited to see everyone and are amazed at how big of a turn out we are going to have.  I would like to ask everyone again to PLEASE rsvp!!!  Due to the large number of people that will be attending, we need to get an accurate number so we can plan accordingly for food.  Thanks!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I so wish I could come..I hope you guys have an awesome time. Take lots of pics!!