Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Tears of JOY!!




For about the last week, Alexis has been taking little steps here and there....nothing that I would really consider as walking. Tonight she decided that she was going to just up and stand up and then take off. She's taken at most about eight steps. I was able to capture her on camera just once. As soon as she sees me grab the camera she immediately tries to grab for it, so I haven't been too successful at videoing her yet. This was the best that I could do. Everytime I see her walk I get a little teary eyed. I can't help but think back to those days where we were told that our girls might not make it. We are truly blessed and I firmly believe that God is the only reason!

The girls have also loved playing with boxes lately. Some early birthday presents have begun to be delivered to our house. The girls are more excited about playing with the boxes than their actual toys. You can see in the video that Alexis is walking over to the box to play with it.

Here are a couple of pictures of the girls playing with the box.

Alexis in green--Addison in white.

Kind of like Jack in the box, but in this case....Addison in the box.

Alexis in the box.

5 comments:

Jody McMillan said...

Yeah!! I'm so proud of your girls and you guys too. They have come so far it is amazing!

Robin said...

It is funny that kids always like the box best. YAY for walking!!!

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats!! How exciting!

Monique said...

Hello! Found you on the MckLinky list under Family Friendly Blogs at the UBP. Actually, you are my neighbor just below me haha! I'm #879 ~ Nice to meet you! You have such a lovely blog! Well, just wanted to say "hi" and have a great weekend!!
Cheers ❀
Blog: www.homesweetflorida.blogspot.com
Twitter: hockey_wife

Maria said...

Hello! Found you and your precious family through UBP! Happy birthday to your "baby" girls! My daughter will turn ONE this Friday...cannot believe we are already celebrating her first birthday.

I'm adding you to my blogroll, so I'll be back!