Friday, April 2, 2010

THEN and NOW #2....

This picture is very bad but it's the best that I could do.  These were the first diapers that the girls ever wore back THEN.  No joke.... these diapers were HUGE on the girls!!!  They would almost go up to their necks.  They don't even sell these diapers in the store.  They are about half the size of a preemie diaper.

NOW the girls are both wearing Pampers Cruisers Size 3 and Alexis is on the verge to needing to bump up to a Size 4.  Oh, how far we have come!!

Quick story that I thought was pretty funny....

Many of you know that Terry is a stay at home Daddy and I'm the worker bee of the household.  I would give anything to trade places with Terry, but for now, this is what works best for our family.  Anyway, I always try to make sure that I'm ready for work in enough time so that I can get the girls up in the morning and feed them breakfast.   This way I get to spend a little bit of time with them before I have to go to work.  This morning I get both girls out of their cribs and I bring them downstairs to get them dressed for the day.  The girls are getting too big for the changing table that we use on the pack-n-play downstairs.  So, I changed and dressed Alexis on the living room floor.  She was very clingy and didn't want to let go of me.  I set her down next to me so that I could change Addison.  Without going into much detail, Addison had a very messy diaper, so it was taking me awhile to get her cleaned up.  Alexis was watching and assessing the whole situation.  Then all of the sudden Alexis pops up and grabs Addison's belly button.  Addison has an outie belly button.  Alexis did this abour 5 times while I was trying to diaper Addison.  She was very intrigued by Addison's belly button.  I had to push her hand away each time since I was still trying to get her diaper on.  Then Alexis starts trying to find her own belly button, only to discover that she has an innie and her's doesn't stick out in the same way.  Just the little confused look on her face was so adorable.  The little things like this make me remember why I love being a Mommy so much.  Watching them learn and explore everyday is priceless!!

OFFICIAL TOOTH COUNT....
Addison now has a third tooth.  Two on the bottom and one on the top.
Making our official tooth count at five!!!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I didn't realize that Terry was a stay at home Dad! Way to go, Mr. Mom!