Friday, January 2, 2009

Super Human Senses....

Wow! First post of 2009. It honestly seems like just yesterday, Terry and I were on the beach in Florida getting married. What I wouldn't give to be back on that beach right now!! I hate cold weather!! When we win the lottery we are packing up the kids and moving some place warm!! But I digress...

Our new years celebration was extremely uneventful. We went on a power shopping trip trying to find a gift for my niece's birthday party tomorrow. I honestly can not spend five hours shopping like I used to. So, when I was able to hold on for an hour and a half while we went to three different stores, I was very pleased. We still didn't find what she wanted but I did find several other things I've been meaning to pick up.

After our shopping trip, we ran through the drive thru at KFC. (See, I told you it was uneventful) We had our chicken dinner ("winner, winner chicken dinner", a quick reference from the movie 21) and chilled at home for the remainder of the evening. Honestly, I think that I was probably asleep by 9:30. Actually, 9:30 is really good for me. Most evenings I can't manage to keep my eyes open past 8:00. So, I crashed for several hours until my neighbors dog began parking incessantly. The dog started barking around 2:15am and was still barking at 3:30a.m. GRRRR!!! I hate outside animals!!! Granted since becoming pregnant I have developed what Terry refers to as "super human hearing" but this dog is really becoming a huge pain in my @!+$!!!! Why people own animals and keep them locked up on six foot chains is beyond me. My neighbors don't speak English, so I'm thinking about taking up Spanish, just so I can learn how to tell them to shut their dog up!

Besides having super human hearing I also have the acquired an acute sense of smell. I can smell the people on the third floor of our office building popping their afternoon popcorn. (I'm on the first floor) I can smell anyone cooking anything on a barbeque grill from a mile away. Pretty much if there was an entry in the Guiness Book of World Records, for the person who could smell the most from farthest away, I'm fairly positive I would win. Although, the guys in the office have confirmed that there is no such record, we did find the record for most births by one woman.... The greatest recorded number of children born to one mother is 69, to the first wife of Feodor Vassilyev (Russia). In 27 pregnancies between 1725 and 1765 she gave birth to 16 pairs of twins, 7 sets of triplets, and 4 sets of quadruplets. Only two of the children failed to survive their infancy. The mother also holds the records for giving birth to the most sets of twins and the most sets of quadruplets. In my opinion, those people are officially insane!! How any one could go through this process 27 times must be crazy!!! Trust me I'm not complaining.....I actually feel very blessed to be pregnant, but you can rest assured that I won't be trying to break that record anytime soon!!

Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009 to you all!!

No comments: