Friday, October 18, 2013

Feelings....

I've gone back and forth for quite some time as to whether or not I actually wanted to write this post.  Today, I have decided that it is actually time.

After a recent post where I mentioned that I had a moment where I teared up thinking about how I should be at the fair with three children instead of two.....And after my recent NICU reunion post, I have received some very hateful and just flat out rude comments and emails.  All of which, have now been blocked and/or deleted.  I've received these types of comments off and on for several years now, but today I decided it was time to compose a rebuttal.

Losing a child(ren) or having a preemie child in the NICU for several months is not something you just get over!!  It becomes part of who you are and will always be something that you carry with you for the rest of your life.  If you lost a child would you be able to "GET OVER IT"?

My children are the most important things in my life.  I don't take one day for granted.  I know that I am extremely blessed that they are here with me today.  Being told your child will never walk, talk or use the left side of their body isn't something you just forget about.  And YOUR comment that I should "JUST GET OVER IT ALREADY" and I need to quit "BEING UPSET WHEN PEOPLE CALL MY GIRLS TWINS" is asinine!

Please know, that your harassing comments have been reported.  Trackers on my website are being real helpful!  Think before you post! 

I ask you to just take a quick look at your life.  How would you feel if you lost one of your children?  How would you feel if one of your children was issued a potentially terminal diagnosis?  I'm guessing you wouldn't be real happy about it.  Would you be able to just "GET OVER IT"?   I doubt it. 

No comments: