Friday, October 4, 2013

Pottery Painting....

Last Thursday, (September 26th, 2013) the girls and I were looking for something fun and different to do.  Terry was still out of town in Chicago, and I decided that painting pottery would be a fun treat for all of us.  I saw a platter online that someone had posted on pinterest and immediately decided that I wanted to do this with my girls!  I will let the photos to the explaining....

 
Addison picked out a dog to paint.  I tried to get the girls to paint a plate or a bowl but they were adamant about wanting to paint animals.
 
One lady at the shop, said Addison looked like rainbow brite!

 
Here is her finished dog, pre-kiln.  (I forgot to take after pics.  Oops!)


 
Alexis chose a cat to paint.

 
They were both so excited and kept asking me how many days before we could pick up their pottery.

 
Here is my plate I made, again pre-kiln.  Addison's footprint is on the left and Alexis on the right.

 
The plate now resides on our mantel along with the girls current crafts from school.  The color is not the best in this phone from my cell, but you get the idea.

 
I was so happy with my plate.  The color is off again in this pic.  It is the coolest bright orange color.  A keepsake I will treasure forever!  I love making things with my kiddos hand prints and foot prints!

No comments: